Words of Comfort for the Physical Storms, Symptoms, Fears and Anxieties that have Upended your Lives
Scriptures About Physical Healing
It is evidenced through both Old Testament and New Testament Scripture that God does have the power to heal our physical bodies. Miraculous healings still happen today! Use these Bible verses to talk to God about your pain and to fill your heart with hope.
Please help make a difference by making a donation today. Your gift will be used where the need is greatest and help us bring the message of faith and hope to people who need God's love.
Spiritual and Emotional Healing Scriptures
Sin, abuse, neglect, rejection, betrayal...all cause great emotional and spiritual pain that hurt just as physical pain does. God, our Great Physician can completely heal our broken hearts and bind our wounds, healing, and making us whole. Spiritual and emotional healing is often a process with steps that we need to put action behind. Use the following Bible verses to guide your heart and mind toward full recovery.
- "My son, pay attention to what I say; turn your ear to my words. Do not let them out of your sight, keep them within your heart; for they are life to those who find them and health to one’s whole body." ~ Proverbs 4:20-22
- "A cheerful heart is good medicine, but a crushed spirit dries up the bones." ~ Proverbs 17:22
- "There is a time for everything, and a season for every activity under the heavens: a time to be born and a time to die, a time to plant and a time to uproot, a time to kill and a time to heal, a time to tear down and a time to build, a time to weep and a time to laugh, a time to mourn and a time to dance, a time to scatter stones and a time to gather them, a time to embrace and a time to refrain from embracing, a time to search and a time to give up, a time to keep and a time to throw away, a time to tear and a time to mend, a time to be silent and a time to speak, a time to love and a time to hate, a time for war and a time for peace." ~ Ecclesiastes 3:1-8
- "LORD, be gracious to us; we long for you. Be our strength every morning, our salvation in time of distress." ~ Isaiah 33:2
- "Therefore confess your sins to each other and pray for each other so that you may be healed. The prayer of a righteous person is powerful and effective." ~ James 5:6
- "He himself bore our sins” in his body on the cross, so that we might die to sins and live for righteousness; “by his wounds you have been healed.” ~ 1 Peter 2:24
- "Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid." ~ John 14:27
- "Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy and my burden is light." ~ Matthew 11:28-30
- "He gives strength to the weary and increases the power of the weak." ~ Isaiah 40:29
- "No temptation has overtaken you except what is common to mankind. And God is faithful; he will not let you be tempted beyond what you can bear. But when you are tempted, he will also provide a way out so that you can endure it." ~ 1 Corinthians 10:13